Saturday, July 3, 2010

Confessions

It's confessional time.

First off, I have to admit that I hate all this Americana, Flag decor, and 4th of July decorating hub bub. I love living in America, but red, white and blue? Really? Seeing those colors together grates on my nerves like nails on a chalkboard. The only time you'll see me doing Americana is out of guilt when my son is older. Couldn't our flag have been a nice green, white and blue instead?

Secondly, burlap? What's all the fuss about in blog land over burlap? Sure, it can be functional, and I'm sure it has its uses, but I just don't get the craze.

Lastly, What's the deal with Pottery Barn? To be honest, I'd never given PB a second thought until I saw everyone in blog land doing BP knockoffs. I like Shabby chic, rustic, beachy stuff as much as the next person, but when did PB become all the craze? Am I just late to the show, or what?

That's all for now. Enjoy the holiday weekend.


1 comment:

  1. I wanted to stop by and thank you for stopping by. I love your to do list. That is a great idea. The one I saw was an actual craft list. I laughed about the burlap and the PB. I like them, but there are people that use them on EVERYTHING!! However, I love flag stuff. That is the nice thing about everyone being different. We don't all look and act alike. The big thing I hate is tassels! Hope you stop by!

    ReplyDelete