Thursday, July 1, 2010

Motherhood and my Creative Self

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors shared her story of how she came to be where she is today, being the creative person that she so obviously is. This woman is such an inspiration, her projects are so amazing. I had assumed she has always been this artistic, design guru who can turn trash into treasure in her sleep, but as it turns out, that is not the case. Her story encourages me to keep on doing what I'm doing. You see, I used to be a very creative person. I used to create art. Then life got in the way and I stopped. Now, I'm staying home raising my baby, we are broke, and I have been forced to get creative again. Thank goodness. First, creative with resources, with teaching my son, then creativity through diy projects, and maybe soon, creativity for the sake of creativity again. It sounds so cliche', but  being a stay-at-home-mother is actually allowing me to "find" myself again. I thought that I would be lost in Motherhood, but just the opposite has happened. Being broke is tough, but truth be told, this is a wonderful life, and I wouldn't trade this time with my son for anything. The fact that my creative side is slowly awakening from its slumber is just a wonderful added bonus.

3 comments:

  1. Lyndsey, thanks so much for the shoutout!

    I hope my story simply proves, anyone can do what they simply WISH to do. Keep at what you love and it'll all fall into place. Ask me how I know. :)

    All the best!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting from NFF!

    This post is beautiful! I am so happy that you are finding creativity again. I just started to stay home to raise my son 2 months ago and I completely relate to the "finding" yourself again. I am grateful for it every day!

    Have a great weekend!

    http://thewhitebluesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, found you on NFF, enjoy the journey as you stay home to parent and enjoy being creative, even in the little everyday things:-)
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete