Friday, February 4, 2011

Crafty Sewing Mamas' Sewalong Kickoff

Photobucket


Hi everyone. I am a member of a community on http://www.babycenter.com/ called Crafty Sewing Mamas! and a bunch of us are doing a weekly Sew-along  challenge in our blogs to try to motivate us to get some sewing projects done. I've really been slacking in the sewing department since Halloween. I got a new machine for Christmas to replace my sad broken one, and until today it has remained in its box. Woops! It is in its box no more! The first project was either a sewing machine cover or a crochet needle case.  Here's my cover.



The fabric is darker irl. It's part of a very lightweight shawl that I bought on our honeymoon. I always loved the fabric, but haven't had many opportunities or outfits to wear it with. Now I get to look at it every day and put it to use. :)

As a bonus, here's a little finger puppet my babysitting charge and I made last week. It's a cat- clearly.




0 comments:

Post a Comment