Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring has Sprung? Potty Time!

I love days like today. The sun was shining, it was 40' outside, the snow was melted, and the birds were singing! I know it is just a little spring tease, but a taste of spring is all it takes to boost my mood! I insisted that we go for a walk as a family to enjoy the weather, and despite the cold wind, it was nice! My wee one really likes being outdoors, just like his Mama. In fact, after we came home and ate dinner he went to the door and kept trying to go back out. He cried and looked so dejected when he couldn't get the door open, so I took him out onto the deck, and he was happy as could be!

On a completely different topic...I have to brag. For the past month or two we have been sitting on the potty and on occasion he will happen to pee or poop while he's sitting there. Well, yesterday he signed "potty" to me for the first time, then tooted in the potty! It may not sound like much, but I was thrilled! Today, he again signed potty, and then he peed in the potty!! It's one thing to happen to catch a pee/poo, but he initiated it himself! He realized he had to go, then he went! I'm over the moon excited! My little 16 month old is growing up so fast!



Doesn't he look fancy? He loves wearing those beads! Please note the jazz hand. I'm pretty sure he's going to be a star! : D

0 comments:

Post a Comment