Saturday, March 12, 2011

Squeeky Door Tip and Back to Work

There are a lot of changes going on around here this week, so things are a bit topsy-turvy. First off, I've got a new job, so after 17 months of raisin' babies at home, I'm going back to work. I'm excited and sad all at the same time. I'm sad to be leaving my little man, but I'm excited to get back into the world, and also to take a lot of the pressure off of my husband (who has been working AND going to school full time). I'll be able to spend most of the day with the wee one, then when my hubby gets home from school we will swap places, and I'll go to work and he'll take care of dinner and bed time. I'll be sad to leave, but I'm so glad that he will get time to bond with his Daddy. They're awfully cute together, don't you think?

I'll admit, I am a little nervous about the breastfeeding/sleeping situation though. Wee One nurses before and after his naps and bed time still, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

The second bit of news is this fuzzy girl:

No, that's not a slipper, it's a Lionhead Rabbit playing shy. We've been talking about getting a pet, and a visit to the Tractor Supply Store sealed the deal. She's a sweet little girl who absolutely adores my husband. Naturally he had zero interest in a bunny and required convincing to bring her home, yet Cassidy follows him around the house and cuddles with him for hours.

Lastly, is just a little tip I wanted to share. Our doors are squeaky here, and sometimes they wake up the wee one. WD-40 would fix the problem right up, but I can never find it when I need it, and it seems too expensive to go buying another can I'm just going to lose anyway. The solution? Cooking spray. Spray a very small amount of cooking spray down each hinge (both inside and outside), open and close the door a few times to distribute the oil, and problem solved! Just be sure to wipe off any excess before it drips down.  Ahhhh, quiet doors on the cheap.



0 comments:

Post a Comment